Tuesday, October 23, 2007

MiT Update

For the past 4 weeks ten men have been meeting each Monday night for a time of study, fellowship, sharing, and prayer. We have been using The Transformation of a Man's Heart to guide our study time. I will have to say that this book has truly touched me and has gotten me to examine my life and my masculinity in Christ. And I would venture to say that each man in the class feels similar to me. Each Monday night I go home refreshed, challenged, and energized from meeting with this group of men. There is a bond being formed as brothers in Christ. Some would say that this is a he man group that is misogynic in nature (hatred, dislike, or mistrust of women), but I would totally disagree. This is a group of men who are striving to be Godly men and to learn how to be better husbands, fathers, grandfathers, and just a better man.

MiT has been a blessing for all of the participant's and in turn will be a blessing to CTBC as these men as they serve as Godly leaders at CTBC. With the success of this group there will be other MiT classes forming soon. These classes will officially begin in January 2008. If you are reading this blog and would be interested in being a part of MiT then please contact me.

No comments: